Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Goodbye Durham....Idaho here we come!

As I sit here surrounded by boxes, I am a bit overwhelmed with the bitter-sweet feelings of our move.  We are so excited to move on and to leave the student life behind, but at the same time we have had so much fun.  We have made wonderful memories and so many great friends.  We can take the memories with us but unfortunately we cant take the friends.  We will miss them so much!  I remember when we first moved to Durham in August of 2006.  I was about 3 months pregnant, overwhelmed, lost, too far from home, hot, and miserable!  Frankly, I hated it and would have gone home in a heartbeat.  Now, almost 2 years later, I have a hard time just thinking about leaving.  This is the only home that Molly has known and grown in.  I have such a hard time with change.  Unfortunately things change a lot.  I know that where ever we go will probably bring great experiences just like the last.  Thanks to all of our wonderful friends that have made the last 2 years so wonderful.  We love you and will miss you!  Goodbye Durham...Idaho here we come!
 

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Tasha! I found your blog off of facebook. I can't believe it's been so long since I've seen you. It was way before Molly was born! Is your move to Idaho going to be permanent or temporary? Hopefully if you live closer we'll see more of each other. Jess and I really want to get up to Idaho to visit sometime and we'll definately be there in August.

Kimberly said...

Hooray - you made a post that I could comment on :-) I'm glad you're coming back to Idaho because that means you're closer to me! Did Brady get the job in TF?

Anonymous said...

Dito on all you just said. Only we are off to Nebraska of course, not Idaho. You were some of those fabulous friends for us. Stay in touch so we can visit each other again someday.

Jules said...

Tash, I wish we were there to help you pack up. We miss you guys so much! Durham won't be the same without you! (btw, London asked for you at church yesterday when we told her we were going to nursery)

Lindsay said...

We should have done yearbooks or something before you left. This is what I would have written in yours: "Have a great summer! Stay cute! Call me!"

No, but, we really will miss you guys - good luck in that old land of potatoes.