On Tuesday morning when I was getting Molly dressed, I noticed a small red bump on her back. My first thought was that it was maybe a place she bonked or a small bug bite, I didn't think anything of it. That night Brady was getting her undressed for her
PJs and he noticed it also, except now it was about the size of a dime and white with a red ring around it. We were a little worried but didn't think much again until the next morning, when she had one on her cheek, three on her leg, one on her toe, two on her arm, and the one on her back. They all looked the same and were all almost perfectly round! We both started to get worried. We thought about taking her to get looked at but we didn't have insurance yet or even a pediatrician. The next day they only seem to be getting worse. I was worried and did a little research on bug bites and looked at pictures. none of them really looked like her bite, but a picture stood out and looked
alot like this mark on her skin.... it was ring worm!! I was mortified!! When Brady got home, he wasn't so convinced, he thought that they were still bug bites. To make an already long story shorter, we bug sprayed her room and documented her bites to see if she got worse. The next day she had three more round things. I panicked and took her to the minute clinic, where they quickly assured me that it wasn't ring worm and it was just a bug bite. I guess that there is a little bug no bigger than a Nat, that bite a nasty bite. I was relieved and embarrassed at the same time. I was an overreacting parent, but I was so glad that Molly was going to be fine once she got rid of the bites. So that was our first encounter with the strange insects of Indiana!!!
2 comments:
I'm with you on stupid bugs. Nebraska has a lot of them too although none have attacked us yet. Molly is so cute. I miss you guys. I've been meaning to call, but I'm always afraid you'll be in the middle of something! And by the way, I told you Julie would be pregnant before summer's end. yea though! Maybe you should call me! --Brenna
Oooo That is so sad. What a sucky bug to live with! Hope she is doing better!
Post a Comment