Monday, September 22, 2008

These Days...

Just this last week, Brady and I were talking about how fast molly is growing.  It is funny that we (who are around her everyday) can notice that, but we have.  Not only is she getting taller, but she is getting smarter!  The other day I was making dinner in the kitchen and as usual I had a little helper.  In the past her favorite thing in the kitchen has been the dishwasher.  However, she has recently discovered the oven.  She has learned to open it by holding on to the handle with both hands and boosting herself  by wedging her little foot into the handle of the drawer under the oven.  She then uses her weight to open the oven and catches herself  with her remaining foot.  I know, it was really funny to see her reaction ( and probably mine) the first time she was successful!  I laughed pretty hard!  There is more to this story.  As I said I was making dinner and noticed that I had a little helper.  She decided that she was going to practice this new found love, except she couldn't get a grip on the handle because she didn't have any shoes on, so she runs over to the couch, grabs a pillow and brings it back over to the oven and stands on it get her grip.  Once again I was laughing so hard!!  She is way too smart!  

2 comments:

Whitney said...

It's hard for me to believe that you have even had a baby in the first place! Crazy how much time has gone by. Also, I've tagged you! Check it out. :)

DaMomma said...

These are the days to cherish and commit to memory! You'll need them to look back on and smile when she goes through her teen years and you think at times she is less than cute in her behavior :-)
Oh, and send me your email address if you'd like to look at my blog from time to time. I went private.
Susan P