Sunday, February 15, 2009

All is Well...Yahoo!

Molly all scrubbed up and ready to go!


The whole family before surgery.


The Doctor came in and put a "dot" on the spot.


They brought out this really cool car to help with taking her away,
but she saw right through it and was NOT amused!


Well, for those of you that haven't heard, Molly's surgery went really well! I am so glad that it is over! I feel like I can finally breath. Her surgery was at 9 in the morning. We got there about 8 (thats when they told us to arrive) and waited for awhile before they brought us back. We got Molly changed and ready for surgery and around 9:30 they took her away. It was so sad.. she cried and I cried. They told us that it could be a 3 hour surgery, but it was a little over 2 hours when they notified us that she was in recovery. The doctor told us that it was a very easy surgery. The cyst was a little bigger than he thought and went pretty deep into her neck. He told us that she would be pretty sore, but they injected her neck with numbing stuff that will last for about a week! When she woke up I had some deja vu, she was upset and uneasy.. oh GREAT! But- all she wanted was her daddy. He held her and she napped and when she woke up she was alot better. It only got better from there. She slept through the night except for the times that the nurses had to come in and wake her up to give her medicine- she was NOT happy about that! We went home the next day and she was SO happy to be home. She is running around and being her happy self....you would have never guessed that she had surgery a few days ago! I need to take this time and thank everyone for their fervent prayers! I know and felt that they were heard. I am so thankful for the wonderful support system that comes from our family and friends! Thanks! Here are some funny things that we learned from this experience... 1-kids sweat out their Morphine...and sweat Molly did! For 24 hours she was litteraly dripping in sweat! She sweated through 4 pillows and mine and Brady's shirts! 2- Surgery (for some wierd reason) gives kids really really bad gas! For about a 8 hour stretch Molly was farting every 2-3 min. and they werent little ones either! 3- The bandage can be ALOT worse than the incision! I HATE tape! 4- Sleeping in a hospital is like sleeping on a plane....you DONT! 5- Kids bounce back from surgery ALOT faster than adults do! -Thank goodness! Here are some pictures from our adventure...

She only wanted her Daddy!


Bryce, Brady, and Molly while she was taking a nap.
My brother was such a great help!


Molly and I lounging in the chair.


This is what she looked like after she SCARFED a chocolate pudding!
*Note* - notice how sweaty she was!


Yah- I know its gross- but here it is! Poor baby!


OF COURSE! There was a Duke vs. UNC game on
that night that we HAD to watch!
*Note*- it must be tradition- we watched a Duke/UNC
game when I was in labor with Molly!
*PS-I think it may be bad luck, because they lost both times!




The whole family again- Post surgery!
Molly is trying to smile!


She loved the get well soon balloon that we got for her!


When it was time to go, she got to ride in
a wagon all the way to the car!

17 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad everything went so well!

Kayla said...

Tasha, I am SO glad that everything went well! I had you guys in my prayers. It is so true though about how fast kids bounce back from surgery. When Mason had his tonsils out you didn't even know he was sick with how he was acting. I guess it's good though, so that us adults don't have to watch them suffer. I really am glad everything turned out good!

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Oh so sad! I am so glad that everyhting went good for her! Kenason had to have surgery when she was about 6 months old it wasn't that serious and I was a nervous wreck! I am so glad that she is doing so good and that everyhting went good! Take care!

Katie said...

Poor baby! That just breaks my heart! I'm so glad it went well, though!

Amy S said...

I am glad to hear that everything went well. I am also happy that she has recovered quickly, what a trooper!

The Kimber Crew said...

Tasha what a relief! I'm glad everything is fine. Molly's incision is enough to make you cry though! I wanted to call you so many times last week, but I'm a horrible friend cuz I never did! I'm glad you're home and Molly is herself.

Ashley said...

oh i'm so glad everything went well! she is a brave little girl!

Alicia and Blake said...

That's so good to hear that everything went well! Little kids having to go through this stuff stinks, but it's good that it went to well and she's doing so good!

craig&susan said...

What a little trooper. We are so glad to hear that she is doing so good.

Lindsay said...

Oh! Just seeing the incision, and the bandages around her neck choked me up - poor Molly...!

I'm so glad everything went well.

Sarah & Kevin said...

TASH! Glad to see pics and stuff of how everything went! Her little scrubs were SO cute! But I have to tell you her scar freaked me out! How many dogs do I see with scars and stuff? That never bothers me! I guess it is different when it is my great niece! Anyway, we love you and glad she is doing so good - give her big kisses from us!!!

Chels said...

We're so glad everything went well. Your family was in our thought and prayers.

joanna said...

Poor baby!! She seems like a trooper. I am glad she is fine.

Happy Hermies said...

I can't believe how big she is!! She looks like such a big girl!! What a sweetie!! That fart thing is AWEOSOME!! I'm so so glad that everything went so well. Love you guys so mucho!!

Angie said...

Hi guys! I knew she had surgery but not why. I'm glad that everything is ok! I'm sorry you had to go through that. Love ya.

Johnson's said...

Tasha.... I know your worries and stress. It is so hard seeing them take YOUR baby and hope all goes well. Theywarn you of the complications, which are rare, but you still have to sit there and wonder. I am so glad it went well. I hope that you can start to get back to normal and not have to worry and dread the "surgery" day.
Yes, her neck looks sore. If she heals like Lukas, you can hardly see his scar that follows his whole ear. Vitamin E works wonders. Good Luck!

Sarah and Trent said...

Hey Tasha - I am so glad that everything is ok now with your little girl! My little brother has a cleft lip and pallete and had his first surgery at 6 weeks..he is now almost 14 and will have his 10th (and final) surgery this summer. I know from watching that how scary it can be, but also that the Lord really does watch out for us. I hope she continues to heal well - we'll keep you in our prayers! Sarah Chandler Buehler