Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference Weekend

This last weekend was Conference weekend! I love conference! We always have a traditional weekend with Chase and Joni. We usually build a puzzle while we watch all four sessions. This year we had even more people! Chase and Joni brought Jason and Melissa (friends from West Lafayette) and Paul and Janelle came with their kids! It was AWESOME! However, another thing was different this time...on Saturday we prepped our backyard! We rototilled, spread 6 yds (14,000lbs) of topsoil, rolled it, fertilized, seeded, and lastly- laid straw! I know it sounds like a BIG job...and it WAS! We are so thankful for Chase, Joni, and our good friend Steve! They helped us accomplish this huge task! We started at 8:30am , took a break for 12:00 conference, and went back to work until 3:00pm! We were EXHAUSTED...to say the least! We had a pizza party that night for everyone that helped. The boys then headed off to priesthood session and the girls had a "girls night" chick flick movie- The ghosts of girlfriends past (I don't recommend it). On Sunday, we kept with tradition and did a puzzle. However, because we only had two sessions to finish, we did an easy one. It only took us an hour to finish, so we just sat and watched the final session. It was awesome! We had so much fun with everyone and were uplifted and edified with the messages we received! I LOVE conference! Thanks again to Chase, Joni, and Steve for all of your wonderful help!


Chase, Joni, and Molly picking out
the rocks while Brady was "manning" the rototiller!

Brady and Chase- that machine had a mind of its own!




Spreading out the "loads" of dirt!
I am so glad that is over!


Brady and Chase rolling the dirt flat.

Before...

After!
I know that it doesn't look like much,
but there is not much to see yet.
I will post updated picture when you can see the results!


The puzzle we built during the first session of conference.

The whole crew watching conference!
P.S.- I have NO idea why Molly had a binky in her mouth!?!

1 comment:

Johnson's said...

What a fun tradition! How did you all end up out there anyway? That is great that you have family out there and close. I love your backyard. It is going to be awesome to have your own yard.