Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas to one and all!

I love this time of year! It has been harder for me this year to feel the "Christmas spirit". We aren't going home to Idaho, and this Christmas will be my first one away from home. I have felt a lot of pressure to make the holiday great for my family here at home. In all of the stressing and worrying, I have realized that it doesn't matter. It happens. And it is wonderful as long as I am sharing it with my most precious ones.
Molly has been so fun this year! She has started to understand what Christmas is. She is just thirsty for learning! We have a countdown calendar that is the nativity scene. Every night before bed we get to put up a piece of the story and tell Molly a little bit more about when our Savior was born. I love to see her hungry little eyes take it all in! She walks around saying "happy day Jesus (Christ amen)" and makes "baby Jesus' house" out of her chicken nuggets at lunch.
I am so blessed! I have SO much to be thankful for! I am thankful for the amazing people that surround me and inspire me everyday. I am thankful for goodly parents and in laws that raised us righteously and taught us to stand for what is right. Most importantly, I am thankful for my beautiful family and that we are sealed for all time and eternity. I have all of this to be thankful for because our Father in Heaven has a plan. Little baby Jesus was born and lived! He suffered for my sins and died for me, that I might repent and live again with my amazing family for all eternity. THIS is a reason to celebrate!
Merry Christmas everyone! May your Christmas be magical and full of Joy!

I love my babies!

It has been so dry lately!
Poor Ethan's cheeks are chapped.
This doesn't stop him from being handsome and smiley!

Isn't she beautiful!

2 comments:

Sarah & Kevin said...

I love you guys so much! You will be missed at home and we will all be thinking about you! I am so thankful for YOU and what a great example you have always been to me! I can't wait to see you again!

Missy said...

These pictures are so cute! We love your family!